Monday, June 24, 2013

I continue to visit Stacey, and I marvel at her strength and spirit. She is responding well to therapy, can sit on the side of her bed, stand on her "non-broken" leg, tell stories, smile, and laugh. She is stronger every time I see her, and she looks great. It is hard to believe that just under 3 weeks ago she was in ICU. She continues to be amazing. I encourage you to stop in for a visit, as it is hard to be away from home, work, and friends. The address is:

Kindred Rehab Center
300 Windy Hill Drive
Lafayette, Indiana 47906

And you can visit any time, but I have found that late morning she is not in her room due to her rehab schedule.

Yesterday, I was holding her had and she teared up and thanked me for holding her hand. Gentry is going to stop by and do her nails in pink, which was Stacey's request.

I know that Tim could use support as well. He has been by Stacey's side through the entire ordeal.


No comments:

Post a Comment